Have a Question?
Generally Asked Question
Fostering a pet can be very exciting and rewarding, we understand its also a big decision to make. So we have some questions answered here to help you along the way.
The length of stay can vary from animal to animal, many factors are considered like rehabilitation, finding the right adoptive parents. Sometimes they require extra care. If you are no longer in a position to continue for any reason, we can take our beloved pet back.
We will pay for the food and give you everything you need to look after a foster animal. If you are in a position to pay or contribute yourself, it will be greatly appreciated. However, we will certainly provide all that is required.
Absolutely you can! We will always give you the first option to adopt your foster pet. However, there may be some instances your foster pet has already found their forever home, if this is the case, we will let you know before you take on a foster.
Just let us know and we will advise you your next steps. We already have a great vet on hand where we take our animals to get the best care possible. We will ensure the vet fees are covered.
We have some requirements for you to be eligible to become a successful foster carer.
- Must live in Victoria
- Fill in and submit your foster care application form
- Submit all the relevant documentation we require to be considered.
- Must be 18 years and over to foster
- You must have a drivers licence or access to a car in case of emergencies.
- Your home must be safe and secure to house a foster pet.
- Preferably no other pets, however, each case will considered case by case.
- No children under the age of 8 years.
- You must not leave your foster pet for more the 6 hours home alone.
- You must be able to commit to fostering anywhere between 2 - 14 weeks at a time.
Here are the steps:
- First step is to fill in our application form.
- We will need to inspect your premises
- Be prepared to and submit all the relevant checks and permits - National Police Check, Council Permit, Landlord Permission & Photo ID.